Can your stomach be the prime reason for your foul breath? Know everything here.
BAD BREATH FROM STOMACH – Smelly breath can be an immediate mood spoiler. It can be very embarrassing especially when someone points it out. Even after taking precautions and measures, the bad breath does not leave your side. But why so? Why do we have to suffer from bad breath even after taking care of it?
Maybe because the problem lies elsewhere. The reason to support such confusion would be acid refluxes. Here, the problem is with our stomach and not our mouth. But what causes the bad breath from the stomach?
Well, we know that there are acids present in our stomach that help in breaking down the foods, that is, digestion.
However, there are circumstances in which the gas created while breaking down food in the stomach by acids flows back to the oesophagus and comes out from our mouth. The oesophagus is the food pipe through which the food reaches the stomach from the mouth. It is very difficult to get rid of these kinds of smells easily.
So, let us see how to fix bad breath from the stomach!
BAD BREATH FROM STOMACH
Our stomach is the place where the food is broken down with the help of acids to convert it into a liquid state. This liquid is then passed on to the small intestine, where the absorption of nutrients takes place.
So, there are times when the gases formed in the stomach come out from the mouth. At times, these gases are so strong that they stick with us for a long time resulting in bad breath.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF BAD BREATH FROM THE STOMACH?
Let us know about the causes of bad breath from the stomach:
- GERD – Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease is a medical condition that causes bad breath from the stomach. Acid reflux refers to the condition of backflow of undigested food, stomach acids and biles, as vomit or burps which causes bad breath. The GERD creates discomfort in the esophageal lining and causes irritation as well. GERD occurs because of the LES (lower esophageal sphincter), where the dysfunctionality of the valve allows the contents of the stomach to flow backwards and cause bad breath.
- Kidney Diseases – The waste that has to be expelled from the body gets accumulated due to kidney diseases. Kidney diseases indicate improper functioning of the kidneys. Hence, the waste gets stored in the body. This waste creates a foul environment inside our body often emitting foul smells which pass through our mouth, leading to bad breath.
- Ulcers – Occurrence of ulcers in the stomach often leads to the cause of halitosis in the mouth because of the presence of the same bacteria in both. These ulcers often release sulphuric acid in the stomach, resulting in bad breath of the mouth.
These were a few reasons behind our bad breath. We must cure it immediately to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
WHAT ARE THE HOME REMEDIES FOR BAD BREATH FROM THE STOMACH?
Natural remedies for bad breath from the stomach are often considered the best way to fight the problem. Natural ingredients cure our problems with minimum side effects, leaving behind nourishing properties for the skin and body. Some of the bad breath from stomach home remedies are:
- Maintain good hygiene – Start by taking care of your mouth. We must brush twice a day regularly without any gaps. Brushing helps us in killing harmful bacteria’s residing in our teeth and tongue, damaging the teeth as well as, creating a foul smell. It is one of the most basic things one should do after waking up.
- Salt Water Gargle – We can use this remedy as a mouthwash. Mix 2 to 3 tbsps of salt in a glass of warm water. Then take the water and gargle with it for 30 seconds. Keep the water inside the mouth for half a minute so that the water reaches all the areas in the mouth and kills the smell.
- Cloves – You must have heard your grandparents or parents asking you to suck a clove to cure coughing. Well, it works wonders in stopping our cough and also helps us get rid of our strong mouth odour. Clove is a natural spice that has a very very strong smell that is not foul. Keeping a clove between the teeth and sucking the juice coming out of it, helps us in reducing the bad breath and curing cough too.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – It works wonders to cure strong bad breath, like from onions and garlic. All we have to do is add ¼ th cup of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of normal water and use it as a mouthwash. We can use this mouthwash twice a day after brushing, or after eating a heavy meal that may cause bad breath. There are no side effects for the remedy and provides the best results.
Acid refluxes is a term most of us are unfamiliar with. However, we somehow did know its functioning. Bad breath from stomach is very common and occurs to almost every other individual. There is no point in feeling shy.
Always make sure to check how you smell. If it is unfavourable, we know the home remedies to cure it. However, the easiest one would be to chew gum and erase all the smell.
So, do not panic or feel inferior the next time you have bad breath. Just own it with dignity and nobody will be able to make you feel any less.